Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Progress...

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:14


It is not easy to see the light in the midst of a trial. As I currently struggle, I am encouraged that I can rejoice in my sufferings! Hallelujah! I have finally learned to not make the same mistake twice (or more). I would not be able to see the growth and the change in my life if it wasn't for the pain I have been through in the past. I stand on solid ground because of my God. I am steadfast. I do not waiver. He has taught me through trials to press on towards what it is He has in store for me. Perserverance. That is progress. It encourages me to have strength, to not faulter, and doubt. Character. Which affirms that God has a plan for my life! I have Hope for a better day. A greater tomorrow. A hope that will not dissappoint! I have seen progress and that gives me hope!


"And the God of all grace, who called u to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself RESTORE you and make you STRONG, FIRM and STEADFAST. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:10

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into hour hears by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us." Romans 5: 3-5